Spring Soccer Enrichment Programs and Academy
Spring Enrichment Program :
- Spring Enrichment programs are for boys and girls who are U9/U10, U11/U12 and U13/U14/15 in the 2018/19 season.
- The program runs Monday and Wednesdays for boys and Tuesday and Thursdays for girls and is for the KEEN soccer player.
- BU9/10 and GU9/U10 3:30 to 4:45 pm, Bu11/U12 and GU11/U12 5 pm to 6:15 pm, BU13/U14/U15 and GU13/U14/U15 6:30 to 8 pm. All programs are on Ambleside D Artificial Turf field
- The program will run for girls on the following dates: April 10,12,17,19,24,26, May 1,3,8,10,15,17,22,24,29,31 June 5,7,12,14,19,21 (dates to be confirmed subject to District Field requirement meeting)
- The program will run for the boys on the following dates: April 4,9,11,16,18,23,25, 30 May 2,7,9,14,16,23,28,30 June 4,6,11,13,18,20 (dates to be confirmed subject to District Field requirement meeting)
- All Programs are expected to be held on Ambleside D Artificial Turf field (some sessions may be moved in April to Grass fields to accommodate High School Soccer)
- Registration will open for these programs on March 1st.
- The cost of the program will be $420 (this does not include the optional Academy Uniform)
Spring Street Soccer:
During the Spring, WV Soccer runs a program for U5/U6,U7 players called “Spring Street Soccer”. These players will have birthdates in 2014, 2013, 2012, . The program will run on Fridays at 3:30 to 4:45 on Ambleside D Artificial Turf field on the following dates April 6,13,20, 27 May 4,11,25 June 1,8,15,22. The program was very popular last season and is capped at 100 players so please register early. Registration will open on March 1
Players born in 2011 will play on the same dates but 5 pm to 6:15 pm
Spring Street Soccer is one of our most popular programs and is open to any player U5-U8. In a fun and encouraging environment, players will be taught the following:
- Motor skills
- running, jumping, balance, and coordination
- Ball manipulation
- becoming comfortable using the inside/outside/sole/heel of both feet
- Dribbling fundamentals
- running with the ball in tight or open spaces
- Passing and receiving
- using the insides of both feet to pass and to control the ball
- Shooting technique
- striking the ball with the laces of both feet
The emphasis of this program will be on FUN, and the coaches will aim to leave their players feeling excited about soccer and keen to continue playing. Sign up now as the program fills up and SPACE IS LIMITED!
Spring Friday Academy
This program is open to any player U 9 to U15 who loves soccer and is keen to improve their skills. Instructed by the club's top-level coaches, players will learn the fundamentals of the game in a fun and positive environment.
Dates April 6,13,20, 27 May 4,11,25 June 1,8,15,22. 5pm to 6:15
Players will work on:
Players will be divided into groups according to age and ability
We are not taking drop ins for this program and the program is capped at 60
Goalkeeping and Speed Agility and Quickness
The goalkeeping camp for players U9 to U15 will run on Fridays at 5 pm
SAQ U12-16 from 345-445pm and U8-11 from 5-6pm