WVSC Playing Up Policy
Who is eligible to play up?
The WVSC uses the same policy that is recommended by the BCSA. (See Appendix C: Playing Up Policy - Individual Players - of download document below**) Essentially, players are encouraged to remain within their own age group unless they are totally out-classing their peers, both technically and physically, and are mentally and socially capable of the advancement.
The BCSA document states that for a player to be considered to play at a higher age group, the player must 'meet or exceed' the level of the older participants in all areas: technical, physical, mental, and social. This is 'to ensure that specific windows of trainability are not missed' and to follow the national model of Long Term Player Development.
What to do if you think your son/daughter fits the playing-up criteria and would like to submit an application to the WVSC?
1) Fill out application below.
2) Email completed application to the appropriate coordinator:
3) The Club's staff coaches will then arrange a time to assess your player.
4) Wait for response from appropriate Coordinator.
Application to play up:
- Playing History:Reason for request to play up:
- What age group does the player want to "play up" to?
If you have any further questions, please contact your approriate coordinator listed above. The Playing Up Policy applies to all age groups in the club.